From Malaga on and up

Limited access to the internet and the distractions of travel mean these postings are rather sporadic – like the eponymous bus – none for ages then several come along at once.

I’ll provide an over view of what’s happened since Wednesday in brief then if I’m inspired write some mini entries.

When I last posted I was in the beautiful city of Granada, home to the Alhambra Palace and the Muslim rulers of Andalucía (and further afield). That was Wednesday, when I also drove to Malaga airport to pick up my good friend Stephen. Yesterday morning (Monday) I put him on the train just outside Seville. During our time together we’ve had two days camped outside Ronda, a night in a Hostal in Vejer (near Cadiz) near the Atlantic coast and two nights camping in Dos Hermanas (a suburb of Seville).

Highlights have included; Flamenco in Seville, professional and amateur (we spent a couple of hours in a bar/olive oil emporium listening to several people sing and one girl dance), walking in the wonderful limestone hills of the Sierra Grazalema (near Ronda) and viewing Cadiz (Europe’s oldest city – established 1200 BC) through a camera obscura fitted to a former merchants watch tower, oh and Stephen’s company of course.

I’m now camping near Tarifa (on the Atlantic coast above the straights of Gibraltar) making preparations for travelling to Morocco on Wednesday.

Today I visited Gibraltar – spent the last lonely tenner that had been sitting in my wallet and walked up the ‘rock’ in 30 degree heat – oh and had fish and chips yummm – tomorrow Morocco

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A note from Lord Beeforth's secretary.....

The Rivers Ride - Training Diary - Chapter 1

Zagora and the Sahara